Thread: Isight Control Brightness

Beans

Isight Control Brightness

Hi there,

I've got isight working perfectly under Hardy. I would like to ask, is there any way to adjust some parameters such as the brightness? Any tool?

Regards,
    Christos

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Isight Control Brightness

Quote Originally Posted by cvasilak View Post
    I've got isight working perfectly under Hardy. I would like to ask, is there any way to adjust some parameters such as the brightness? Any tool?
    This would likely be dependent on the software that you are trying to use the iSight in since you do not literally adjust any parameters of the camera itself.

Beans

Hi cyberdork33,

mainly in Cheese for pic capture. I use Skype also and the camera works(I can test it in the options), but unfortunately because of the pulse-audio issues(using Hardy) I haven't figured how to make it work(no audio).

I looked around what exists in the Mac world, but it seems that you need to buy some external program to configure the camera because OSX doesn't allow that. The camera has a built-in control for brightness, focus control but in my case I think it doesn't work correctly because the brightness is set too low (and what I have seen for some other posts, the same goes for other people).

Regards,
    Christos

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by cvasilak View Post
    Hi cyberdork33,

mainly in Cheese for pic capture. I use Skype also and the camera works(I can test it in the options), but unfortunately because of the pulse-audio issues(using Hardy) I haven't figured how to make it work(no audio).

I looked around what exists in the Mac world, but it seems that you need to buy some external program to configure the camera because OSX doesn't allow that. The camera has a built-in control for brightness, focus control but in my case I think it doesn't work correctly because the brightness is set too low (and what I have seen for some other posts, the same goes for other people).

Regards,
    Christos
    If you are talking about they internal iSight as opposed to the external, firewire isights, then no, there are no such controls. The internal iSights have a fixed focus and no brightness controls. Brightness can be simulated by adjusting the brightness of the image with software, much like you would in GIMP or photoshop. These kinds of controls would have to be built into the software you are using though (like cheese and skype).