Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: netboot installation fails

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: netboot installation fails

I am too experiencing this problem, although it worked fine less than 12 hours ago.. perhaps the approx cache on my server hadn't been "hit" yet..

eci_souji's suggestion also seems to work but I don't put any faith in things when it just "works the next time" when nothing has changed..

I'll await further news as I am trying to install 8.04 on my USB stick.

Beans

Is it possible to avoid loading this particular troublesome module with some kind of preseed parameter? I have no need for NTFS support for my unattended setup which consists of nuking the first available drive.

Beans

the same problem here and no idea how to solve it. i just reinstalled my netboot image but that did not help. maybe the ntfs3g lib is to modern for 2.6.24-16 (actual versoin in the repo is 2.6.24-18).

if anyone has an idea how to solve it please write it in here..

psypointer

Beans

I'm also having this on netboots, however, I can accept the error and continue with no issues like others in this thread.

Beans

jeah thats right, you can continue manually. but the preseed scripts doesn't work anymore after this error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This is bug 234486, and should be fixed in hardy-proposed. Please try the hardy-proposed netboot images and verify that it's really fixed.

Beans

Grabbed the new amd64 initrd.gz and install went perfectly. Thanks for the quick fix!

- E

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Oh, in case you don't see it on the bug report, for the time being you need to boot with "apt-setup/proposed=true" on the kernel command line in order to use these images. (That will go away once the kernel they use gets into hardy-updates.)

Beans

installation works perfect with apt-setup/proposed=true but it ignores my preseed_late command now. preseed_early works perfectly.

edit: it works
    Last edited by psypointer; June 12th, 2008 at 09:55 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I don't want to install with proposed in case it pulls in other ( unstable? ) things. I'll test this in QEMU later though, even though it sounds fixed

How long would this take to get into the updates?

Awesome work with, as expected ( to be honest ), a fix within 48 hours. Hopefully I can do my USB install soon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast