Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: netboot installation fails

Beans

Re: netboot installation fails

Quote Originally Posted by Xyem View Post
    If you follow the instructions on my previous post ( which I have now edited ) and install a minimal system, you can then install the xubuntu-desktop package to get an Xubuntu install.
    Ok I get the first code line right - cli apt-setup/proposed=true
    but then after that I get the same message
    "loading kickseed-common failed for unkown reasons. aborting."

not If I am supposed to type those other codes in before somewhere or if my ISO is buggered.. any idea?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Can you post the md5sum of your ISO?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

/dists/hardy/ is *NOT* the same as /dists/hardy-proposed/ or /dists/hardy-updates/.

Beans
    Distro

I just saw that the point release is out. Can someone confirm that the mini.iso here ( http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dis...tboot/mini.iso ) is the one I should be downloading?

It might be a good idea to change the link on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...tion/MinimalCD as it still points to the old, "broken" mini.iso..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yes, that is the correct link. I've changed the help wiki, thanks.

Beans

Can anyone else confirm failures of netboot installation either after tasksel with the error:

" linux-headers-generic: Depends: linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic but it is not going to be installed"

I'm getting this error whether I use archive.ubuntu.com for the repo or a local apt-cacher repo.

I've also tried the proposed netboot image as well as the one located in main and still get the same errors.

Beans
    Distro

I'm not sure if this is of any help to you but I am not seeing this error ( having installed from the hardy-updates mini.iso onto my laptop ) going through my local approx cache ( which is on another machine ).

Beans

thanks, think I got this one solved for now by adding:

Code:
    apt-setup/proposed=true
    to the kernel append in pxelinux.cfg/default

This is solving the issue for now, seems not all of the kernel 2.6.24-19 isn't in the main repos yet (just a guess) because using the proposed repos solves the issue.
    Last edited by stump138; July 18th, 2008 at 05:39 PM.

Beans

I'm getting the same error with a net install of Intrepid 8.10. The <Continue>, <Continue>, Download Installer Components, <Continue> solution seems to be making it work.

Any Idea on what the root problem is? I got the files for the netboot and everything from the alternate install iso I downloaded from the get ubuntu site.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234