Thread: can my past sins ever be forgiven?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

can my past sins ever be forgiven?

im not making excuses for what ive done in the past, i deserved it. all im asking for is a clean start. i no longer have alcohol related issues. i live and breathe ubuntu. it makes my day when i help someone. i fix windows machines for a living, but most people wind up using linux.(i dual boot for them) i ask the powers that be, that i will never regress again. hell, it's my dream to be a mod here. ubuntu is my life. i believe in it. is there any chance of giving me a clean start?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: can my past sins ever be forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen69 View Post
    im not making excuses for what ive done in the past, i deserved it. all im asking for is a clean start. i no longer have alcohol related issues. i live and breathe ubuntu. it makes my day when i help someone. i fix windows machines for a living, but most people wind up using linux.(i dual will never regress again. hell,boot for them) i ask the powers that be, that i be given another chance. ubuntu is my life. i believe in it. is there any chance of giving me a clean start?
    keep up the good work guys.

Beans
    Distro

You have done very well since our interaction in February. That is four months without any problems. Good job!

Infractions are not intended to be punitive, but rather to be wake up calls. We are not interested in punishment so much as interested in helping people understand that the Forum Code of Conduct and Ubuntu Code of Conduct are things we actually believe in, consider important, and will enforce. It seems you have understood that. Cool!

At this time, all of your infractions are expired. The only people who can see them are you and the staff. We almost never remove these from account records as it makes it impossible to track or confirm past issues.

Let me give this some thought. There may be a way to do something to reward consistent, positive contributions. I'll get back to you later today or tomorrow (and if I forget, give me a nudge).

EDIT: a desire to be a part of the staff is honorable. The way we choose is to look for people already making positive contributions to the forum community. Keep doing that, and who knows?
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

thank you for even considering....

Beans
    Distro

I've given this some thought and here is what I will do. I am going to remove all infractions from your account that occurred more than six months ago. That will leave only your most recent, from February.

If you receive no further infractions between now and the end of August (wait, I may be traveling...to be safe, let's say September), I will gladly remove the final record and wipe your slate clean. You will likely need to send me a PM around that time, with a link to this thread, to remind me.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!