Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    146
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

    I recently upgraded from Gutsy to Hardy (through the update-manager). I noticed that after the upgrade some of the icons in my firefox toolbar are ridiculously small now. I attached a screen grab of what I'm talking about.

    Notice how the stop button and the home button are REALLY small compared to everything else.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    7

    Re: Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

    I think that there is a icon processing problem in your Firefox. Actually you should try to make changes in toolbar:
    1. View -> Toolbars -> Customize...
    2. In a new window uncheck "Use small icons" , and you should see changes.

    if it was unsuccessful try to reinstall your Firefox.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    146
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

    Quote Originally Posted by cnekmp View Post
    I think that there is a icon processing problem in your Firefox. Actually you should try to make changes in toolbar:
    1. View -> Toolbars -> Customize...
    2. In a new window uncheck "Use small icons" , and you should see changes.

    if it was unsuccessful try to reinstall your Firefox.
    Small icons is already unchecked. I toggled it back and forth a couple times, but it didn't matter. If I reinstall firefox am I going to lose all my bookmarks etc?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    135

    Re: Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

    It should be loading your GTK theme buttons. Maybe they're too small? Try changing the GTK or Firefox theme and see if that fixes it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    146
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

    Quote Originally Posted by pmaconi View Post
    It should be loading your GTK theme buttons. Maybe they're too small? Try changing the GTK or Firefox theme and see if that fixes it.
    Yeah, it fixes it when I switch the theme. When I switch it back they get small again. I guess I can just pick a new GTK theme. It's still weird that upgrading messed with the buttons size though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    135

    Re: Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

    You could try manually changing the buttons to a different format. However, I don't know what they need to be in order for Firefox to scale them correctly.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    7

    Re: Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

    Quote Originally Posted by emid View Post
    Yeah, it fixes it when I switch the theme. When I switch it back they get small again. I guess I can just pick a new GTK theme. It's still weird that upgrading messed with the buttons size though.
    So i think that the better way to repair icons is to copy them from another theme.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •