Thread: Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

I recently upgraded from Gutsy to Hardy (through the update-manager). I noticed that after the upgrade some of the icons in my firefox toolbar are ridiculously small now. I attached a screen grab of what I'm talking about.

Notice how the stop button and the home button are REALLY small compared to everything else.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Tiny Firefox toolbar icons

I think that there is a icon processing problem in your Firefox. Actually you should try to make changes in toolbar:
    1. View -> Toolbars -> Customize...
    2. In a new window uncheck "Use small icons" , and you should see changes.

if it was unsuccessful try to reinstall your Firefox.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cnekmp View Post
    I think that there is a icon processing problem in your Firefox. Actually you should try to make changes in toolbar:
    1. View -> Toolbars -> Customize...
    2. In a new window uncheck "Use small icons" , and you should see changes.

if it was unsuccessful try to reinstall your Firefox.
    Small icons is already unchecked. I toggled it back and forth a couple times, but it didn't matter. If I reinstall firefox am I going to lose all my bookmarks etc?

Beans

It should be loading your GTK theme buttons. Maybe they're too small? Try changing the GTK or Firefox theme and see if that fixes it.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by pmaconi View Post
    It should be loading your GTK theme buttons. Maybe they're too small? Try changing the GTK or Firefox theme and see if that fixes it.
    Yeah, it fixes it when I switch the theme. When I switch it back they get small again. I guess I can just pick a new GTK theme. It's still weird that upgrading messed with the buttons size though.

Beans

You could try manually changing the buttons to a different format. However, I don't know what they need to be in order for Firefox to scale them correctly.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by emid View Post
    Yeah, it fixes it when I switch the theme. When I switch it back they get small again. I guess I can just pick a new GTK theme. It's still weird that upgrading messed with the buttons size though.
    So i think that the better way to repair icons is to copy them from another theme.