Thread: BootCamp or Parallels?, Need help on screen resolution.

Beans

BootCamp or Parallels?, Need help on screen resolution.

I have parallels on my iMac, Mac OS X version 10.5, Intel Core 2 Duo. This computer has BootCamp, but i haven' tried it yet. Someone told me i can't use the Visual Effects of Ubuntu if i use Parallels Desktop, which i also have. My question is, should i use Parallels or Boot Camp? and if i use Boot Camp, can i run both operating systems at the same time? like switching the screen with Ubuntu and another screen with my Mac?

The other thing is the screen resolution, it doesn't go fullscreen, it looks little, and my screen resolution is 1680x1050.

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: BootCamp or Parallels?, Need help on screen resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by DaN25 View Post
    I have parallels on my iMac, Mac OS X version 10.5, Intel Core 2 Duo. This computer has BootCamp, but i haven' tried it yet. Someone told me i can't use the Visual Effects of Ubuntu if i use Parallels Desktop, which i also have. My question is, should i use Parallels or Boot Camp? and if i use Boot Camp, can i run both operating systems at the same time? like switching the screen with Ubuntu and another screen with my Mac?

The other thing is the screen resolution, it doesn't go fullscreen, it looks little, and my screen resolution is 1680x1050.
    Bootcamp is just dual-booting, so no you cannot just switch between screens... you are either booted into Ubuntu or OS X. You are correct that Compiz will not work in a VM. This is a limitation of the VM software out there. If you want to use a VM, I suggest VirtualBox... It is free!