Thread: Everything is very large.

Beans

Everything is very large.

I have Ubuntu 7.10. I installed it on an HP Pavilion dv6607nr. I couldn't install 8.04 because I couldn't get my wireless setup on it. Any website I go to everything is so large that I have to scroll in all directions to see anything that should fit onto one page. The biggest problem with it though is with more complicated JavaScript pages. Everything gets cluttered together and I can't see parts of it at all. It's not just the internet, everything is like that, it just doesn't effect me much accept online. I tried changing system font sizes. I believe the problem is that my screen resolution is 1024x768, but Ubuntu thinks it's 600x800. I can't change it because my only options for screen resolution are 800x600 and 640x840. I've even tried changing it to 640x840 but it wont do it. It says it's changed but it's not and when I go back to the screen resolution it still says 600x800. I also changed it to 1024x768 in my xorg.conf file but that also did nothing, though it does still say 1024x768 there if I close it and go back. Anybody know what to do here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Everything is very large.

Try pressing Ctrl and - several times in Firefox. Does that help?

Beans

Re: Everything is very large.

I already tried it, it just makes everything pixelated