Thread: Mplayer reset settings...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Mplayer reset settings...

Hello guys!
    I was playing with the settings of mplayer, and in the section "codec and demuxer" i chose some video and audio codecs (the default option was "none"), after that i could not use smplayer. When i select the "none" option and click "ok" i restart mplayer but the settings are not what i chose ("none") but the last video and audio codec i selected. I uninstalled mplayer and then installed it again, but the settings are the same. How can i restore my settings to default?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Mplayer reset settings...

At least if there is no way to restore the settings to default, which video and audio codec can i safely use to be able to play videos with smplayer again?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

It seems you're forcing mplayer to use the same codec for all videos. It's better to let mplayer decide the codec to use.

I would delete the file ~/.mplayer/gui.conf
    Developer of SMPlayer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by rvm4000 View Post
    It seems you're forcing mplayer to use the same codec for all videos. It's better to let mplayer decide the codec to use.

I would delete the file ~/.mplayer/gui.conf
    Thank you very much! It worked!
    Now i have another question about smplayer. When i select fullscreen mode the video doesn't stretch over the whole screen but there are some black columns on the right and left side. How can i get a true fullscreen mode?
    Things are worse with mplayer. When i choose fullscreen the screen gets white with the video on the center of the screen...
    How can i fix these issues?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxas View Post
    Thank you very much! It worked!
    Now i have another question about smplayer. When i select fullscreen mode the video doesn't stretch over the whole screen but there are some black columns on the right and left side. How can i get a true fullscreen mode?
    smplayer always tries to keep the aspect ratio of the movie. So if for instance you're playing a 4:3 video on a 16:10 monitor you'll get black columns on both sides.

Currently the only way to change it is selecting another aspect ratio for the movie, in Video -> Aspect ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxas View Post
    Things are worse with mplayer. When i choose fullscreen the screen gets white with the video on the center of the screen...
    How can i fix these issues?
    Maybe with the option -zoom.
    Developer of SMPlayer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by rvm4000 View Post
    smplayer always tries to keep the aspect ratio of the movie. So if for instance you're playing a 4:3 video on a 16:10 monitor you'll get black columns on both sides.

Currently the only way to change it is selecting another aspect ratio for the movie, in Video -> Aspect ratio.

Maybe with the option -zoom.
    Thank you for your response!
    I changed the aspect ratio but no luck. Also mplayer doesn't give a zoom option as i see... Whatever, it's no big deal, i'll use vlc instead, when i need to...