Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video_TS burning

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Video_TS burning

Thanks, I found it.
    I have to click on a bar below all those GUI of the options and then it shows up further options that you can burn a videoDVD.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I am trying to find this option...exactly whereabouts in the tools section is it ?.

cheers

OK found it a t the bottom of the app.
    Last edited by jeepers; August 3rd, 2008 at 12:07 PM. Reason: found

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

to be more precise, you have to click "further actions" and then pick "new video dvd project"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Yup, K3b is the shiznit! God, I hated going into Windows just for that! Especially since for data DVDs Ubuntu makes Windows look pale, since I can generate a checksum, burn the disc, then check it. So I am happy now... but have to admit: I am staggered all the other apps I've tried in Ubuntu seem to look at VIDEO_TS folders as something strange, or just some data.

In Windows, the only program I've tried that can't make a playable movie DVD from burning the folder is Nero, which I absolutely hate - as the last time I tried it, it added some of its own files to such a project, which seems highly unnecessary. With K3b you have to specify a movie DVD project, like Nero, but at least it doesn't add extra files, and lets you add extra files of your own, like an md5sum.txt for verification.
    Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Exclamation Re: Video_TS burning

For anyone trying to do this under 10.04 Lucid Lynx it's still possible under K3B but the option has moved.

Now you have to click the "New Project" button on the left, just below the file link. Choose "New Video DVD Project" and drop the files (not the directory) from your VIDEO_TS directory into the VIDEO_TS directory that K3B creates.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Code:
    mkisofs -dvd-video -o [output iso file location] [Video_TS directory]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hmmm... I've been suing K3B for years, and the option was never visible for me, but always only accessible via the "More actions..." menu. But hey, if you use it often, just make a button for it (which you can do with K3b).
    Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12