Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video_TS burning

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Video_TS burning

I have searched for a long time but still have not found a program or package in Ubuntu that can burn a Video_TS file directly to a DVD. Gnomebaker can burn an ISO but I wish to save that extras step of converting a Video_TS movie file to an ISO first.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Beans

Re: Video_TS burning

You can try k3b
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

It's my understanding that there is data on a DVD aside from merely the TS files themselves - something about telling the dvd reader where certain files are when you select special features (notice TS files often don't include those). You could call it analogous to a .config file. Therefore, just burning TS files to a blank DVD will not make it a "DVD." What you want is to make a data DVD with the folder containing your TS files. You can make that in just about anything, including Brasero and k3b. You can then play that on any computer, or possibly a DVD burner that supports video files.
    Registered Ubuntu user #4019 Registered Linux user #434490
    Personal Blog completely unrelated to Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Don't search , don't try and don't even move.. someday we will get our videos to disc (and the earth shook) hopefully before discs go out of fashion... your parents your leaders those who would call themselves your judges...

they shall all be cleansed.. don't sweat it, I just put it all on the backburner
    ..::~~* "Therefore, the Lord God banished Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden and placed a flaming sword to protect the tree of life" *~~::..(quote from movie "The Fountain" )

Beans

You have 2 choices the first is the correct way in either Linux or windows is the save DVD
    as a ISO image on your hard drive then all data and the structure of the film is preserved
    then burn iso. or use K3B, or Nero for Linux, and burn the complete audio/vidio ts files structure to disc. the feature in K3B is Hard to find I think its in tools?
    The Dyslexic Moron. user 448495 running Arch Linux 64bt
    AMD 6000x2 64bit, Asus motherboard, 8Gb Ram,Nvidia 8500 1gb unboard ram graphics card, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, Sata 250 gb+Sata 500gb + 2 x 500 usb Hardrives,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Scheater5 View Post
    It's my understanding that there is data on a DVD aside from merely the TS files themselves - something about telling the dvd reader where certain files are when you select special features (notice TS files often don't include those). You could call it analogous to a .config file. Therefore, just burning TS files to a blank DVD will not make it a "DVD." What you want is to make a data DVD with the folder containing your TS files. You can make that in just about anything, including Brasero and k3b. You can then play that on any computer, or possibly a DVD burner that supports video files.
    No this is wrong. You can burn a DVD from a Video_TS I do it in Nero all the time. putting it on blank data dvd is not going to work.
    Last edited by jrusso2; June 9th, 2008 at 07:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

OK, I'm guessing you are starting with an avi and converting it to .vob, I don't know what you are using to do this. Here's what you need to do to convert an .avi to a DVD:

First you need to convert it to .mpg, you could use Avidemux for this (there are many other ways, ffmpeg, mencoder etc)

Then you need to Author it so you get a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder, for this DeVeDe, QDvdAuthor, KDE DVD Authoring Wizard are upto the task.

Then you have to burn those 2 folders to DVD, K3B will do this, but make sure you burn as a Video DVD, not a Data DVD
    Desktop: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 Core 2 Duo 6300 1 GB Dual channel DDR 2 Nvidia 7300 GS
    Laptop: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 2515 Intel T5450 Core 2 Duo 2 GB Dual Channel DDR2 Ram 160gb HDD (Vista/Linux Mint 5)
    [Missing OMGPP]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I cannot find the burn Video_TS feature in K3B, only the burn ISO. Could you indicate again where it is hiding?
    The reason I am looking is that when I author a DVD from an AVI, it is always authored into the Video_TS format.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I use Kino to make my .vob from DVraw, exported as Other->DVD -> make DVD structure. That gives me a folder named "DVD" inside of that is two folders: AUDIO_TS and VIDIO_TS. Those are what I burn. I just put a blank DVD into my external DVD burner and whatever burning software it is that comes with Ubuntu notices I have blank media and a dialog asks if I want to burn. YES, and I get a window with a button at the top to Write Media. That DVD will run from the first movie clip (no menu).

For a menu, the only program I found that I like is ManDVD. Search for it on the web. A third party was building a deb for it. ManDVD I can have a Play all or play by chapter. Again, ManDVD just makes a DVD folder with AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. I burn JUST those folders, not the DVD folder.

Now, having said that, I cannot play the DVD on Ubuntu. The DVD plays on my home appliance. If I want to play a movie on Ubuntu, I will burn a DIVx using DeVeDe. I play it with Xine. Xine can play the individual .vob files of a DVD, but not from the menu.

If I want to make a copy of a DVD into DIVx, I use K3B. K3B has to have the hard drive and the burner physically connected by cable to the motherboard or it won't work. If K3B does not see the hardware it wants, it screws up ManDV, Kino and all the other stuff I do have working with my external peripherals.

I have a small stack of coasters finding out these things.
    "You don't do art because you want to, no, you do art because you have to." -- M. Buonarroti

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by cjv8888 View Post
    I cannot find the burn Video_TS feature in K3B, only the burn ISO. Could you indicate again where it is hiding?
    The reason I am looking is that when I author a DVD from an AVI, it is always authored into the Video_TS format.
    Hi. Look in the 'Tools' section in the menubar; there should be an option to 'Burn to Video DVD'. Then just drop the contents of your VIDEO_TS folder into the one K3B gives you, and burn.
    NOT a morning person...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast