Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M1530: After successful hibernation, get "your computer failed to hibernate" message

Beans

Question M1530: After successful hibernation, get "your computer failed to hibernate" message

Both suspend to ram and suspend to disk work fine on my M1530, however whenever I resume from hibernation, I get a libnotify message: "Sleep Problem - Your computer failed to hibernate. Check the help file for common problems."

I don't know what is triggering this, even though the hibernate functions normally. I get 4 loud beeps prior to resuming from hibernation, I don't know what this means or if it is related. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: M1530: After successful hibernation, get "your computer failed to hibernate" mess

I can confirm the same happens occasionally on my Inspiron 9400, probably about 50% of the time. Mine also seems to work fine afterwards, despite the error.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: M1530: After successful hibernation, get "your computer failed to hibernate" mess

This workaround quieted the shrill beeps that accompanied the "Your computer failed to suspend" message when waking from suspend for my laptop. This error would occur occasionally, despite always suspending just fine.

Those shrill beeps had to go, 'cuz that's no way for me to wake-up before having coffee.

Workaround:
    uncheck "Use sound to notify in event of error" in
    System->Preferences->Power Management->General

I'm curious if this addresses the issue for your hibernation too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

same problem here
    dell 1150

sometimes the wireless needs to be restarted
    "sudo ifconfig eth1 up" fixes that problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I get the same "your computer failed to hibernate" message about half the time. In addition, now and then the window box to enter the password won't appear. The computer seems to have reloaded the hibernate file but hangs up in displaying the password window.

Dell Latitude D610 laptop running Hardy

Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph L; August 24th, 2008 at 11:08 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Same happens here on a ThinkPad X60 running up-to-date Ubuntu 8.04.

Giacecco

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Same on a macbook 2nd Generation and an ASUS M3N78 Pro Motherboard. Has anyone found a fix for this ?

Beans
    Distro

Same problem on a Sony Vaio VGN-A150 with 8.04.1

I have noticed this message as it's about to power down:

Code:
    [ 107.664863] i8042 kbd 00:03: activation failed
    The first number in brackets changes each time, but the rest is verbatim each time.
    Last edited by dseybert; October 25th, 2008 at 06:53 AM. Reason: more info discovered

Beans
    Distro

Anyone?

Beans

I get the same message on my Dimension 4600.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast