Re: Ant Problem?

If the ants are comming OUT, that's probably a good thing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by NovaAesa View Post
    If the ants are comming OUT, that's probably a good thing
    Ah yes. Well you know how it is. I'm pretty sure they're gone. I killed three of them [oh no!], and then I haven't seen one since. Who knows? Maybe it was an isolated incident. I was doing yard work all day before I came in and used the computer. Maybe they came off of me. lol. That's actually a really creepy and gross thought, but it had to be said.

Beans

Question: Are they bugs, or just undocumented features?

Seriously, though. Not good to have a bug infestation in a new laptop. If you see any more, you could always try putting a saucer of sugar-water in the vicinity of your laptop and hope they wander out. Either that, or casemod your laptop into an open source formicarium.

Don't mention yard work, I'm about to go paint the fence.
    "Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."
    - The Doctor, The Wheel in Space

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by melrom View Post
    Maybe they came off of me. lol. That's actually a really creepy and gross thought, but it had to be said.
    I have had much worse things come off me, from outside... trust me.
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Hobo View Post
    Don't mention yard work, I'm about to go paint the fence.
    oof good luck. white or...??

Beans

No, just needs a coat of creosote substitute. (It's kinda like a stain for outdoor wood that doesn't need varnishing - but it does fade and wear. "Substitute" because it's not real creosote, just something synthetic that behaves the same.)

Could be worse. Yesterday I cleared out the garage, dug out a dead tree, and removed a very overgrown berberis. Picturesque, if thorny, bush from Nepal... that was fun.

Beans
    Distro

Re: [SOLVED] Ant Problem?

Maybe that's what we use on my deck every few years? I mean, we call it stain, but we just basically paint and/or roll it on and then in two years or so, we do it again. I'm not sure, I just do the labor. I don't ask questions.

But wow, seems like you've been busy! Yesterday it was over 37 C where I live. Hope you're enjoying cooler weather.

Beans

It's substantially cooler here, around 20 degrees C. Still hot enough to be labouring outside. But they're jobs that need doing, as I graduate in a month and have a position to go to... and with my folks splitting up last year, the house will have to be sold soon. So, I'm doing my bit to get it shipshape and Bristol fashion.
    There's a separate stain we have for the decking, which wears less readily. That needs to be done soon, but I'll have to sand it all down first.

You think that's busy, I'm bringing myself up to speed on hardware. I'm tired of laptops but haven't built a desktop since 2002, so I figured I'd treat myself to a new PC as a graduation present. It's going to be an Ubuntu box with XP Pro as a secondary OS (though I doubt it'll get used much!).
    There are a billion things for me to do, and I'm loving doing all of them without having dissertation supervisors or bosses breathing down my neck

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Hobo View Post
    There are a billion things for me to do, and I'm loving doing all of them without having dissertation supervisors or bosses breathing down my neck
    I agree. I feel so much more productive when I do things that need to be done around the house or things that I want to do than when I have a job and must get a task done.

When I graduate, I want to build myself a desktop. First, though, I might want to score a sweet job with a hardware company and get stuff for free??

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by melrom View Post
    I agree. I feel so much more productive when I do things that need to be done around the house or things that I want to do than when I have a job and must get a task done.

When I graduate, I want to build myself a desktop. First, though, I might want to score a sweet job with a hardware company and get stuff for free??
    On your resume, be sure to include this link
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...5&postcount=49
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast