Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: [SOLVED] Ant Problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: [SOLVED] Ant Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by FuturePilot View Post
    Maybe this ant problem is bigger than you thought if they may be in your chair
    I know how annoying those little devils are. We get them in the house a lot during the winter.
    I know. I will have to further investigate this afternoon. Maybe I should put one of those ant traps near it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by melrom View Post
    Nice! Yesterday after the gym, I went for a nice 2 mile walk around this reservoir near my house with my friend, and then I came home and threw myself in the pool! lol. It was beautiful out!

Then we had thunderstorms last night, which are always exciting.
    Sounds like heaven.
    Best thunderstorm I ever saw was on a little Greek island called Kefalonia. The rain was coming down so hard that the hotel pool overflowed and put about two feet of water in the sunken pool-sun lounger area. The lightning was hitting nearby islands and it was incredible.

I think honey attracts ants... Sorry to hear they're back!
    "Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."
    - The Doctor, The Wheel in Space

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Oooh when I was little, we used to watch the lightning strike the ocean [i live near the beach]. It was so amazing.

When I was in Greece, we went to Delphi. And everyone climbed up the side of Mt. ...er... Parnassus...was it? Well we got all the way to the top, and these thick thunder clouds had rolled in, so everyone began to high-tail it down the mountain. Mind you, it was summer and it was about 110 degrees F. Sweltering. Well it started to get super, super cold. I'm not kidding. We barely made it back to the bus. We got inside and the coolest storm I've ever seen in my life began. It was just like hail and lighting and thunder like you couldn't even believe. We were all speechless for most of the drive to the restaurant. It was insane!

Beans

It's not an infestation, the ants obviously have escaped, check for broken glass, and call the Invisible University for technical support.

(Ten pages and not a single reference to the discworld and HEX?!)
    Last edited by red_Marvin; June 11th, 2008 at 10:08 PM.
    Don't peach linux. Melon it!

Beans

Thumbs down Re: [SOLVED] Ant Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by red_Marvin View Post
    Well, I was sorely tempted, but since there's no mention of the computer going "Waah! MINE!!", I didn't think she needed to enable the FTB*. Still, the Librarian will be along with the reference manual in a moment, so I'm sure it'll all turn out ook.

* - Fluffy Teddy Bear. Yes, Terry Pratchett has a strange take on computers. Hex, like Windows, is a system run entirely on bugs.
    "Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."
    - The Doctor, The Wheel in Space

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by red_Marvin View Post
    It's not an infestation, the ants obviously have escaped, check for broken glass, and call the Invisible University for technical support.

Just now read this post and I was going to post this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hex_(Discworld) as soon as I read the title

Unseen University btw
    Last edited by Martym; August 2nd, 2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: corrections

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910