Thread: Can't access or view local network resources

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Can't access or view local network resources

Hi, I seem to have something weird going on with my laptop.

I can connect wirelessly to the internet through my router, but then I can't access or view the local network at all. Everything works fine when using the LAN and I can access the router, but when using the wireless then it all goes a bit odd. I just can't seem to access the router or anything on the local network even though I'm connected to it.

I had a few problems with the drivers for my internal wireless card as it's a Broadcom and isn't open source, but thanks to several other threads I managed to get it working, or at least get it to get online.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Beans

Re: Can't access or view local network resources

It seems like your router is configured to being accesed only from a LAN connection. I am unsure about the rest of the devices on your network. It might be a router configuration as well. Try checking your router configuration.

~confuded

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Can't access or view local network resources

Thanks for replying. The router is set up with DHCP. Using another laptop running windows I have no problems with the wireless. That computer can access local devices, but the Ubuntu machine can't ping or otherwise connect to local devices, which is very annoying.