Thread: Add laucnchers to awn?

Beans

Add laucnchers to awn?

How do i add launchers to the awn dock, well, where do i find the "command" for a launcher?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Add laucnchers to awn?

If you need the command for a launcher, right-click on the applications menu up in the top left, click "edit menus" and go to the app you want, right-click, "properties", and then copy the command from there into the AWN launcher field. It should automatically pick up on the icons and all and work just fine.
    Gandhi once said: "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
    So you want a separate /home partition?|Ubuntu World Map|Linux IS NOT Windows

Beans

Alternatively, if you can find the launcher in your menu, you can drag and drop it onto the dock.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Camuso21 View Post
    Alternatively, if you can find the launcher in your menu, you can drag and drop it onto the dock.
    I find that whenever I try to do that, AWN doesn't save it so the launcher is gone the next time I log in.

OP: Camuso's way is easier, but mine is (potentially) more permanent. Choose one
    Gandhi once said: "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
    So you want a separate /home partition?|Ubuntu World Map|Linux IS NOT Windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I find that whenever I try to do that, AWN doesn't save it so the launcher is gone the next time I log in.

OP: Camuso's way is easier, but mine is (potentially) more permanent. Choose one
    There is a way to combine the 2 methods. Create a new folder in your home folder. Call it what you like but "Launchers" is probably sensible.
    Right click on any launcher in your main menu (firefox,transmission, whatever.)
    Choose add launcher to desktop. Drag the new launcher(on your desktop) into your new "Launchers" folder. It will disappear from your desktop.
    Then drag the launcher from your "Launchers" folder onto your dock. The launcher will stay in your folder but also appear on your dock.
    The secret is that the launcher you want must go from Desktop to "Launchers" to the dock.
    It`s still just dragging and dropping but awn will remember to load eveything in your "Launchers" folder everytime you start up.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Man View Post
    If you need the command for a launcher, right-click on the applications menu up in the top left, click "edit menus" and go to the app you want, right-click, "properties", and then copy the command from there into the AWN launcher field. It should automatically pick up on the icons and all and work just fine.
    Ahh, i see thx for your help