Thread: Transmission - I fail to create torrents

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Transmission - I fail to create torrents

I really hope you guys can give me a hand with this, because I seem to be unable to create and upload a torrent to (say) mininova.

Let's say I want to share a folder named vboxgtk-0.2.0 on my desktop. I open transmission and then the "new torrent" dialogue:

Then I go to Mininova to the upload torrent section; upload the file and get this link.

I click on the torrent and open it with Transmission, but it says it's unavailable and has one leecher but zero seeds. So no one will be available to download it, as far as I understand.

Moving the folder from the desktop to the destination directory (~/Public) doesn't work either.

What am I doing wrong here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Smile Re: Transmission - I fail to create torrents

Quote Originally Posted by Bou View Post
    I really hope you guys can give me a hand with this, because I seem to be unable to create and upload a torrent to (say) mininova.

Let's say I want to share a folder named vboxgtk-0.2.0 on my desktop. I open transmission and then the "new torrent" dialogue:

Then I go to Mininova to the upload torrent section; upload the file and get this link.

I click on the torrent and open it with Transmission, but it says it's unavailable and has one leecher but zero seeds. So no one will be available to download it, as far as I understand.

Moving the folder from the desktop to the destination directory (~/Public) doesn't work either.

What am I doing wrong here?
    I don't think your doing anything wrong there have to be seeders for you to get packages, try looking for the same file you want on Google with a different torrent tracker

Beans
    Distro

Re: Transmission - I fail to create torrents

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba64 View Post
    I don't think your doing anything wrong there have to be seeders for you to get packages
    The thing is I'm supposed to be the seeder! It's a file I'm sharing, after all. But it doesn't recognise me as the seeder.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Transmission - I fail to create torrents

Never mind that, I just had to pause the torrent, move the files to the destination folder and verify local data for Transmission to recognise the data.