Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imac using Parrallels version 3

Re: Imac using Parrallels version 3

I installed Ubuntu 8.04 32 bit in Parallels 3.0 on my MacBook Air without any problems. I just used the Ubuntu option for operating system - I don't remember it asking me about 32 or 64 bit but since Parallels said it had to use 32 bit XP I assumed it was 32 bit for all

It is running great by the way - I changed the full screen option to change resolution and it looks like regular Ubuntu

Have a good one

Hammerhead

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Congrats, HammerheadNC! I assume that you successfully installed the Parallels Tools if you have the full screen option working, unless you just gave it the full screen coordinates for xorg.conf. Parallels Tools gives you shared folders, on the fly resizing of the virtual machine window and the ability to move your cursor in and out of the window without using a key combination. If you have problems installing it, there is an unofficial Parallels update to version 5604 that you can get on their Linux Guest OS discussion forum. I used it to install 8.04, and the Tools were easy to install. The only remaining problem is that the mouse right click and scroll wheels don't work, but that wouldn't affect you.

Quote Originally Posted by mfox View Post
    Congrats, HammerheadNC! I assume that you successfully installed the Parallels Tools if you have the full screen option working, unless you just gave it the full screen coordinates for xorg.conf. Parallels Tools gives you shared folders, on the fly resizing of the virtual machine window and the ability to move your cursor in and out of the window without using a key combination. If you have problems installing it, there is an unofficial Parallels update to version 5604 that you can get on their Linux Guest OS discussion forum. I used it to install 8.04, and the Tools were easy to install. The only remaining problem is that the mouse right click and scroll wheels don't work, but that wouldn't affect you.
    Actually I cannot get the Tools install and there is some mouse slowing which I understand is what the Tools help to fix. If anyone knows how to successfully do this let me know! For the full screen I just picked the resize OS X desktop for Full screen in the Parallels VM settings. I will download the 5604 and see what happens. Do I need to uninstall the 5600 build first?

THANKS

Hammerhead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12