Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-o-M-E

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

T-o-M-E

After atp-getting it from breezy extras/multvierse, and trying to run it, I get the following errror:

Code:
    symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libXaw.so.6: undefined symbol: xawPrintShellWidgetClass
    Can somebody help?

http://www.t-o-m-e.net
    Switched to ArchLinux (Pacman rox!)
    Linux registered user number 391475.
    War is not about who is right, but who is left.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Re: T-o-M-E

Anyway, I managed to compile it. Here's a small HOWTO by me:

http://forum.t-o-m-e.net/viewtopic.php?p=49803#49803

Anybody plays roguelikes here?
    Switched to ArchLinux (Pacman rox!)
    Linux registered user number 391475.
    War is not about who is right, but who is left.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I like Zangband, but I only played the TK version, which, to my knowledge (and bitter disappointment), is only available on Windows... I'd love to get into the game but just find ASCII graphics so confusing - it reduces the pick-up-and-play element the TK version had. (there was no "what does this random symbol mean? Is it a rock? an orc? a dragon??? Is it moving towards me??? Oh wait, it's just a tree. Silly me..)

Beans

That's not quite true. ZangTK, AngTK, etc works perfectly well on Linux, I actually have a Half Elf mage winner from AngTK.

The problem is that *AngTK is unmaintained, and difficult to dig up, and uses a special build tool, so you have to find the source, read some instructions, and build it yourself with about 8 or so steps. Also it's unmaintained so you have to play fairly old versions of angband.

On windows you can just use a binary so it's a bit easier.

Beans

Can anyone tell me how to get tiled mode working for ToME? Or for that matter, why the terminal windows don't seem to work? All my other terms, such as mirror and recall stay blank. Is that normal for this release from the repository?

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I've no idea, i don't have it installed. But it's only a click away, so I might

In other news previously discussed in this thread, ZangTK works perfectly under Wine
    It's a cow.

Beans

Right, but I am a fan of ToME's skill system, and I have played a ton of Zangband on my PC already. I'm just wondering if it's a build issue, or if there's some stupid operator error on my part.

Beans

okay, well tiled mode was simple. I just looked up the "man tome". I don't see flags for changing font size though. That just leaves why the other terminal windows don't seem to work.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod
    Right, but I am a fan of ToME's skill system, and I have played a ton of Zangband on my PC already. I'm just wondering if it's a build issue, or if there's some stupid operator error on my part.
    I know, I know, give me some time!

It seems to be the same on mine. i'm gonna go away and build the latest version myself, and see what happens.
    It's a cow.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Hah! Cracked it! (No help from the in-game help)

Here goes...

Firstly when you run tome, try something like this:

Code:
    tome -g -- -n4
    The -g means graphics mode. The -- -n4 (those two extra dashes are important) means use 4 windows in total.

Now you can move/resize these windows as you want. I find 8 terminals too annoying.

Now, once you are in the game, type = to bring up the options menu, then capital W to go to the Window Flags section.

Here you see a list of all the terminals you can display, and all the different types of information you can display in them. Move around with the numpad, and press y to enable each option. Now go back to the game and watch as it all unfolds

Hope that's helped you somewhat.

Steve
    It's a cow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast