Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T-o-M-E

Beans

Re: T-o-M-E

Very nice. I had run the tome -h option late last night, and found the -g and -n flags. What I didn't figure out, however was the window flags stuff. You've been a great help. Have you by chance been able to change font sizes?
    Last edited by J-Rod; April 26th, 2006 at 08:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Nope, but I'll have a play around

Edit: I haven't tried it yet but it's likely you could just change the filenames of the font files. They are stored in /var/games/tome/xtra/font - I'm gonna see what one is the default and replace it. It's ugly, but it might just work
    Last edited by shinygerbil; April 27th, 2006 at 10:40 AM.
    It's a cow.

Beans

Right on, well let me know what you came up with. My final set of issues to overcome are these: 1) Changing font size to 16x16 if possible 2) finding a way to have the program "remember" the location of various terminals, so that when I close and restart the program, I don't have to move terminals manually every time. 3) Find out why I can't save when using additional modules like FuryMod
    The thing I do miss about ZangbandTK was the ability to easily add in new graphics, I enjoyed making new tiles on a whim.

Other than that, it's ToME goodness!

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I can solve number 2 First, set up all your windows how you want. Now, if you right click on the window's titlebar and go to Advanced -> Special Window Settings, a screen will come up with all these useful goodies - in particular, you'll want to set the Position and Size to Remember the current settings. The first couple of times I did this, KWin crashed, and I had to run kwin again from a terminal, but it worked like a charm

As for number 3, I assume this is a permissions problem. It depends on how you installed the module; I'm guessing you had to sudo copy things into the right directories. Even so, saves are usually stored under the .tome directory in your home folder, so I don't really know.

Number 1 is proving difficult. The latest thing I am trying is environment variables, but I'm not having much luck. I'll let you know

Steve
    It's a cow.

Beans

Ah, heh. I should have mentioned I am running Gnome. So maybe I need to either figure out Devils Pie or some other type of manager that will let me pin windows and remember positions. I did indeed sudo copy the mod into the proper directory, and I believe I have given full permissions for all accounts to r/w that folder. I noticed Tome installs all over the place though, and the mod doesn't get that option, I wonder if that has something to do with it. I read somewhere else that people were saving by entering the full path, but I don't see how I can enter a path name, it would have to be done in one of the mod files I assume. No idea which one it is, I looked through several. I could live without 16x16, I'm not against ASCII or anything, just like to have some tiled graphics, as I can draw new ones to suit my fancy.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

No, it's silly of me, I forget that the majority of people on these forums use Gnome. As yet, I've had no luck with anything else :/

Steve
    It's a cow.

Beans

has anybody figured out how to save a file from a mod? I got rw permissions everywhere but it still won't save.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12