Thread: [SOLVED] All movies have blue people in them

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

[SOLVED] All movies have blue people in them

Okay, for starters, I'm not on drugs

I installed the updates that the system announced to me today and after that the weirdest thing occured.
    When I watch a movie, any movie (I tried a few) all people in the movie are blueish.
    SERIOUSLY!

It's like an old tv with bad colors.
    Like a blue layer wich makes the skin of the people in the movie turn out blue.
    I've seen it in Blues Brothers, Jurassic Park and many more I tried.
    I have tried removing any codecs I was using, including the video software and replacing those with VLC media player.
    No succes untill now.
    I have to mention, objects like stairs, doors, furniture and all other surroundings stay the color they're supposed to be.

Can it be driver related to my Nvidia Geforce 8600's?

Help ?

MachineHead

[Edit:] Nevermind. I rebooted once, that had no effect, still blue. Then I rebooted again, just now. My characters are back to normal again, no sweat.[/edit]
    Last edited by MachineHead; June 6th, 2008 at 05:44 PM.
    Working in Console is so retro... it drives me nuts! >.<

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: All movies have blue people in them

I have the same issue. I had to ajust my video color/contrast to get it to look somewhat normal. The defaults all of a sudden are totally off.

Beans

If you're using Totem Movie Player, you could try changing the colors by clicking on "Edit" menu -> select "Preferences" -> and click on the "Display" tab. Try adjusting the "Color Balance" to fit your viewing color needs.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thanks for taking interest guys, but after two reboots everything seemed normal again.
    I think it had something to do with an update for restricted graphics drivers.

Thanks,

MachineHead
    Working in Console is so retro... it drives me nuts! >.<

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] All movies have blue people in them

Sorry to resurrect this, but I experienced the same problem today and yesterday. This is both on a machine running Precise and one with Lucid. The solution for Totem, in Lucid anyway (Totem version 2.30.2), is as follows.

Edit -> Preferences
    Color Balance -> Reset to Defaults

Somewhere at some point it decided to change the "Hue" value to its lowest possible value. Problem solved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: [SOLVED] All movies have blue people in them