Thread: encrypted pendrive (k)ubuntu for Macbook air

Beans

encrypted pendrive (k)ubuntu for Macbook air

I would like to install ubuntu (or kubuntu) on a encrypted usb pendrive. After searching this great forum and also google, I could find several aspects of the task, but I am not real answer to my problem. I was wondering now if anybody more experienced could give me some advice if this is possible at all and were I would find the necessary information for this task.

I advance thank you very much for your support.

Jojo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: encrypted pendrive (k)ubuntu for Macbook air

Quote Originally Posted by bulgur View Post
    I would like to install ubuntu (or kubuntu) on a encrypted usb pendrive. After searching this great forum and also google, I could find several aspects of the task, but I am not real answer to my problem. I was wondering now if anybody more experienced could give me some advice if this is possible at all and were I would find the necessary information for this task.
    If you look in the FAQ, there is a very long thread about booting from an external drive. Bottom line, it doesn't work. There are a few tricks to get it mostly working. but that is all without encryption, and I doubt that having an encrypted partition is going to make anything any easier.