Thread: [SOLVED] Amarok Problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

[SOLVED] Amarok Problem

i just installed Amarok and it scanned for all my music and then built a collection for me.
    well, it put some songs in the "unknown artist" section when they shouldn't be there. how do i move them from there to where they belong?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Amarok Problem

Update your tags.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If there are songs and albums in the 'Unknown Artist' part of the collection, usually that means you need to edit those song tags to the accourate song artist, album, etc...

I don't know what else to tell you because the information given wasn't really detailed. When looking at my Amarok application, the 'Unknown Artist' section of mine actually hold all the artists that haven't had their tags edited yet. Once I edit them, they should move out of 'Unknown Artists'.

If it doesn't move, go to Tools >> Rescan or Update Collection and see if that helps (after you edit the song tags).
    ThisIsBryan: The Site | About Me
    HowTo: Setup Ubuntu Desktop with LVM Partitions WIKI
    Hardware Profile: Dell XPS 14z; 4GB DDR3 RAM; 700GB HD; Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6230; Intel i7 CPU @ 2.80 GHz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

haha. i can't believe i missed that.
    i looked at the edit information thing for the tags but i just overlooked the Artist section
    thanks D