Thread: New to Ubuntu 8.04 - Hardy Heron

Beans

New to Ubuntu 8.04 - Hardy Heron

I have just installed Ubuntu 8.04 but have ended up with 2 problems which I'm hoping someone out there can help me with-
    1. On playing back any video/movie files I get only gray colors with a bit of blue in places. Other than the color the files play OK. This happens with RealPlayer and the Movie Player installed with 8.04.
    2. I installed the programme KOrganizer but cannot find it anywhere under Applications item on the top panel even though it is shown to be installed under the Office section when checking under Synaptic Package Manager.

Beans

Re: New to Ubuntu 8.04 - Hardy Heron

2. System > Preferences > Main Menu > Office (?) > if it is there, then check the box is checked. If it isn't then check it.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: New to Ubuntu 8.04 - Hardy Heron

With the video problem-do you have the correct driver installed for your gpu? Check System>Administration>hardware drivers.

To open an installed program you can press the Alt+F2 keys and type the program name into the box that pops up-it also could be under office.
    Alternate (psychocats.net) Ubuntu info resource

Helping isn't what the logical mind thinks it is because when you help others you're really helping yourself.

Beans

Smile Re: New to Ubuntu 8.04 - Hardy Heron

Thanks - I will give both a try and report back.