Thread: Internet connection sharing with 3 network cards problem

Beans

Internet connection sharing with 3 network cards problem

Hi, I've got a compuiter running 8.04 with all the latest updates that is connected to the Internet via a adsl modem that is on network card called eth1. I got Ppoe sesion running.
    My computer also has eth0 and eth 2, and I want to share internet to two offices throught it. So it would be a gateway. All computers in the offices have Windows XP, and I need them not to be able to access each other.
    So I installed firestarter and got it to share internet to eth0, but I don't know how to get it sharing to eth2 too.
    I searched all around and couldn't find an easy way to do this. I tried reading about configuring iptables (that's what firestarter does, right?) but I think its too hard for me, I can't get it right.
    I would love to get any kind of help... Maybe there is another gui to IP tables that supports 3 network cards?

Beans

Re: Internet connection sharing with 3 network cards problem

Yeah, and later on I am planning on configuring an email server on the same gateway computer. So I would need a solution that would not harm the SMTP traffic

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Or you could just buy a router with a 4 port switch if you aren't interested in learning about networking.
    GNU/Linux>Windows

Beans

Kinda got it.
    Both eth0 and eth2 are sharing internet now (after running
    "iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE" (thanx 2 supersprash, although I didn't setup a DHCP server since I am setting the IP adresses on computers manually))
    But now both of the offices see each other too.
    I mean now I can access one office from another one, and I don't want that.
    Guess that I need to set up a firewall in the iptables to block the traffic comning in between the network cards.