Thread: Evolution: show contact first name first?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Evolution: show contact first name first?

I hate having the family name first showing in my contacts.

Is there a way to change the default:

Family Name, First Name

to

First Name Family Name
    (without a comma)

Thanks for any help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Evolution: show contact first name first?

sicofante,

When you enter a new contact,under the contact name,there is a button that say File under.You can the select which comes first,Christian name or Surname.

Another thing I have noticed,is in Contacts,if you select View > Current View > List View it turns around the names as opposed to the Address Card view where the Surname comes first.Go figure

Good Luck
    Hypertension = Take with a pinch of salt
    | Psychocats | Ubuntu Documentation | Howto [Solved] | BBcode list | Brother Website |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by plucky View Post
    When you enter a new contact,under the contact name,there is a button that say File under.You can the select which comes first,Christian name or Surname.
    Done. Is there a way to make this the default behaviour?

Another thing I have noticed,is in Contacts,if you select View > Current View > List View it turns around the names as opposed to the Address Card view where the Surname comes first.Go figure
    This happens because in List View you can select which fields to show, and the first one used by default is not "File under", but "Full name".

Card View doesn't seem to allow the user to select which fields to display. Is this a bug or just bad design? (Or just my incompetence to find how to do it?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by sicofante View Post
    Done. Is there a way to make this the default behaviour?
    So was there a way to make it the default behavior?
    I have the option that adds contacts automatically enabled but each time it adds a new contact it sets an awful "file under" value, which is the one it uses when you start typing contacts in the TO field when writing an email.

Beans

This is in my opinion a big bug. I am lazy, otherwise I would have changed to other email program.

But I always use 'first name' 'last name' because that is the how it is done in my country so not being able to set that as default is a mayor flaw/bug. I have it set to have all contacts saved on recived emails, so doing this manual is going to take a lot of time.

Best regards.