Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mvPod a new Solution to convert Video

Beans
    Hidden!

mvPod a new Solution to convert Video

Hi every one,

Every week I see tone of post related to conversion of video file. Usually, there is always a command line tool to do the job. For experienced user it's fine but for other people like me it's annoying and we prefer a GUI tool that are user friendly.

To solve this problem under linux, I develop a small application that use mplayer/mencoder to preview and encode video file. This application are in active development and I release it in alpha version on June 03, 2008.

The current version only support the well known iPod.

I really want to support more than one output video format and the application are design for that. I'm just waiting for you suggestion. Fill ticket with Preset request and depending on the difficulty to implement it, it's will be release in version final 0.1 release.

Any one that are interested, go visit http://mvpod.sourceforge.net

ikus060

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Re: mvPod a new Solution to convert Video

Nice project you have there! I currently use FFmpeg with the WiFF frontend but I'll give your app a try, it looks really good.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: mvPod a new Solution to convert Video

Thanks !

Let me know if you have any problem getting it started. I test it in a lot of environment but linux can alway be surprising !

I also thinks it's a good project and it's can be very useful for a lot of people using Linux because, at this time, there is no easy way to convert a video with all the scalability that mvPod offer.

The alpha version are ready to convert video for iPod, I just complete this morning a conversion of all my video of different size and format and it's work without a problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I tried adding a video file, but I get this error:
    Impossible to find mplayer

I have installed mplayer, and verified that its executable is in /usr/bin as configured in mvpod's preferences, but it still doesn't work.

Nevertheless, the application looks promising! If there's something I would recommend, it is to get a person to check the English

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ah, I see I need to install gpac, trying that now..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nope, that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yuv656 View Post
    Nope, that didn't fix it. Any ideas?
    You'll have to install mencoder in addition to mplayer, the error message is a little cryptic

I have gotten a little longer, the video succesfully converts, but eventough itunes swallows it without complaining it never shows up in library...am I missing something?

Beans

Hi ikus060,

I'm keen to try out mvPod but I'm not sure how to build the files I downloaded from the website.

I followed the installation instructions, but they stopped short at actually how to install mvPod!?

Any help here would be really appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for the long delay, I didn't receive any e-mail notification for your post.

Starting from the first reply
    I tried adding a video file, but I get this error:
    Impossible to find mplayer

I have installed mplayer, and verified that its executable is in /usr/bin as configured in mvpod's preferences, but it still doesn't work.
    As mention by jedthehumanoid you have to install mencoder, gpac, and other dependencies. I suggest you follow the instruction present on the web site http://mvpod.homeip.net:8080/wiki/mv...allInstruction. In case you follow the instruction and it's doesn't work. Send me the logs generate by mvPod. You can get the logs by executing mvPod in a terminal.

Nevertheless, the application looks promising! If there's something I would recommend, it is to get a person to check the English.
    I know, I'm English is terrible ! I try to do my best ...
    If you want, you can help me to "correct" this problem.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jedthehumanoid View Post
    You'll have to install mencoder in addition to mplayer, the error message is a little cryptic

I have gotten a little longer, the video succesfully converts, but eventough itunes swallows it without complaining it never shows up in library...am I missing something?
    Seriously, I'm not sure to understand you problem. You convert the video using mvPod and try to import it into iTunes library ?

If you can give me more detail it's will help me.

Thanks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast