View Poll Results: Should I change my sig (read the story below)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take it down

1 14.29%
  • Leave it alone

6 85.71%

Thread: Free speech or censorship

Beans

Free speech or censorship

I received a complaint today in a private message about my sig. It seems today you can't do or say anything without it offending someone. The sig was a joke geared towards my opinion of George Bushes level of intellect. It was never intended to offend anyone. Part of me says take it down (I don't want to offend anyone) The other part says If I put something else there it may be offensive to someone else. The line between expressing myself. and offending someone else seems to be very thin. What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer J. Simpson
    "Dinner is the perfect break between work, and drunk."

Beans

Re: Free speech or censorship

It struck me as being pretty obviously a joke (who could take such a statement serious?)

f someone was really offended by it, I suppose you could be the better guy and just remove it. I still voted you should just keep it, 'coz like you said, put something else there and someone else will just get offended by that.

See, this is why I don't have any signature.

Beans

You better go ahead and remove your avatar too. It might offend some Xbox fanboy.
    The moon will illuminate my room and soon I'm consumed by my doom.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rune0077 View Post
    It struck me as being pretty obviously a joke (who could take such a statement serious?
    I guess some people were sick the day they were passing out a sense of humor

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    You better go ahead and remove your avatar too. It might offend some Xbox fanboy.
    And I'm sure your right too, seriously there's undoubtedly some big 360 fan loosing sleep over it.

Moved to the Resolution Center.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by swoll1980 View Post
    What do you think?
    It doesn't matter if it is offensive, the Code of Conduct:

Quote Originally Posted by CoC
    13. Forum signatures are limited to three lines of text, 10pt maximum font size. Signatures are also not a place for inappropriate material such as attacks, slander, harassment, political or religious remarks. We regret that users are not allowed to use images in their signatures (see staff signature guidelines below in Section III for an exception to this policy). The use of political images in avatars is also prohibited.

Beans

With out knowing the content of the signature concerned I cant comment further except to say if it violates what LaRoza quotes then it would be fair to remove it .
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    With out knowing the content of the signature concerned I cant comment further except to say if it violates what LaRoza quotes then it would be fair to remove it .
    This thread was moved here from the OPP, and I didn't realise it was in the Resolution Centre.

It was a quote (real or not) attributed to the current president of the USA.