Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who sells pre loaded ubuntu PCs?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

who sells pre loaded ubuntu PCs?

I know that dell currently sells theirs with ubuntu, but they come with 7.10, someone said HP, but I went and asked on the live chat, and alas..no....so who else sells without being suckered into Fista?
    the big p....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: who sells pre loaded ubuntu PCs?

HP only deals in Red Hat and will laugh in your face if you mention any other distro.

System76 preloads Ubuntu but their cheapest laptop is 12 inches and $999 starting price.
    Linux User #460341 || Ubuntu User #19510 || Unanswered Posts Team

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Dell is the first one that comes to mind. Mostly because that's where I got mine, way back when they were starting with Feisty. I've had an excellent experience with it, and so has another friend that ordered it from Dell.

You can find it at http://www.dell.com/content/topics/s...=19&l=en&s=dhs

It's kinda hard to find on the site otherwise. A base laptop system is $549, and a desktop is $509.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. Best of all? You don't usually have to deal with Dell support, as you have these wonderful forums! I haven't called Dell once (except when chocolate melted to the bottom once... but that's another story), and all my problems have been solved here.
    Last edited by darth_indy; June 5th, 2008 at 11:05 PM.
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

~/ ~/ on the range...

System76 sells Ubuntu, and they install Hardy Heron.

EmperorLinux is another with a Hardy Heron install.
    Last edited by Sef; June 5th, 2008 at 11:11 PM.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Why though? There are plenty of recommended specs on this forum...if you need "known working hardware" you could just look about a bit, buy what you need and install for free (as in beer).
    "My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention." - Hedley Lamarr
    Lenovo T500 2243-4EG

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Why would you want a pre loaded ubuntu pc ? if i may ask ?

Beans
    Distro

i was not so much looking as in a pre loaded, but ubuntu friendly, or ready so to say, instead of frankenstiening a winders os pc. that way, i know it is all ready to go with the basics
    the big p....

Why would you want a pre loaded ubuntu pc ? if i may ask ?
    Because everything will work out of the box (OOTB.)
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

Post Re: who sells pre loaded ubuntu PCs?

The hardware will be 100% compatible. That small advantage saves one a great deal of hassle.

Beans
    Distro

i have loaded 7.10, then upgraded to 8.04 and I will never buy a winders OS again. I just have had some issues, and not being one who has too much time or patience, like the last couple of posts said, it all works out of the box. I am one of the ones who is no so much against winders, more just feed up with an inferior product, much like a toyota instead of a chevy!Better products mean better lives
    the big p....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast