Thread: Installation Of Hardy on Intel Classmate(Kernel Issue ?

Beans

Installation Of Hardy on Intel Classmate(Kernel Issue ?

Hello.

I have got a baby laptop which is similar to the Intel Classmate , with 512 MB RAM and 30 GB storage. The problem is, the boot process using the live CD for Ubuntu as well as Xubuntu 8.04 hangs while detecting the hardware configuration. Now, I have tried a lot of distributions on my baby laptop that work fine without any issues, but all of them use the previous kernel version. I had Ubuntu 7.10 running for a few months too, which also consists of an older kernel version than the one in 8.04. Now, I do know that the CD has been burned properly as I have used it to install Hardy on my desktop pc, so ...it would be great if anyone could help me out with this issue. Thanks !

Beans

Re: Installation Of Hardy on Intel Classmate(Kernel Issue ?

Anyone, please ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Just because it (the Live CD) worked well on your desktop is no guarantee, as you have learned, that it will do equally well on your "baby laptop".

If you are going to install anyway, I'd suggest a download of the alternate cd iso, burn it to disk and install from there. Many times this allows installation where the Live CD fails, as it uses a text-based installer, rather than the graphic one, which eliminates some of the problems with graphic card compatibility and other things.

Beans

^^Thanks, will give that a try.