Thread: OOo menus in wrong language (Greek instead of English USA)

Beans

OOo menus in wrong language (Greek instead of English USA)

Hello everyone,

Recently, my menus in OOo have been switched to a different language (Greek). I am struggling greatly in attempting to set it back to English.

I can type in English and some windows display English but the menus and dropdowns are all in Greek.

I have searched for solutions but have not found many pertinent to my problem.

I think I am pretty close as I have accessed the language settings window through options. However, I just can't seem to set it back to English.

I have already tried reinstalling the OOo word processor package through the Synaptic Package Manager. This however, did not reset the language in OOo.

I have attached a screenshot of the language settings window (I have attempted to set all I can back to English USA). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Aaron Forni
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: OOo menus in wrong language (Greek instead of English USA)

This happened to me, how I fixed it was by changing the font the system uses (system->preferences->appearance->fonts tab). Unfortunately, I do not recall if it was application font, document font, etc... so I suggest trying to change them all. I am currently using DejaVu Sans Condensed and do not have that issue with OOo. Hope this solves the problem, good luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I'm wondering if the language locale setting has changed in the options/ languages menu system, as that offers up Greek as an option, whereas user interface does not. I looked for a language setting thinking you might be able to delete it and OO would reset upon boot, but i cannot find one for you.

Beans

ru7hl3ss, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I used your solution and everything is back to normal. I should have posted here sooner as I have been struggling with this for a few days trying to do it on my own!

Daveth thank you for trying to help, as well.

Take care...

-Aaron