Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clearly label the forums

Beans

Clearly label the forums

Because the forum labels dont make any sense.
    My thread got moved and then the moderator clarified one was for Linux related discussion and the other was for off topic talk about politics, religion, etc.

In all honesty pink ponies seems like a big joke. (which i'm sure it is)

But onto my point... the one that was suppose to be for Linux related discussion had NOTHING saying it should only be related to Linux in the forum label.. all it had was "for general discussion" which can mean ANYTHING. (Community Cafe)
    Then, the forum for TRUE general discussion is label pink ponies and says the forum is about ponies and the color pink.. which makes NO sense.
    So I suggest you all at least label the forums clearly to avoid confusion and it will make less work for everybody because you all wont have to move so much stuff.

Beans

Re: Clearly label the forums

The old name of the OPP was "Backyard" and it was labelled as a place for politics and debates and things that may be a bit more controversial.

Perhaps the old label (not name) could be changed as to avoid such confusion.

The name was changed as an April Fools Joke and stuck.

(I don't think this thread is fitting for the Resolution Centre, that is why I am posting. I see it getting moved, unless it is actually contesting the moving of the thread in which case this post can be deleted)
    Last edited by LaRoza; June 5th, 2008 at 01:22 AM.

Beans

This isn't about the post being moved as much as it's about properly labeling the forums so there's no confusion..
    and I was pointed to Forum Feedback and Help by a moderator cause he thought it was a pretty useful suggestion.
    Now as far as which section to post it in... I have no idea I just picked where I thought it best fit in because I don't see a suggestion box or anything up.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Silpheed2K View Post
    This isn't about the post being moved as much as it's about properly labeling the forums so there's no confusion..
    and I was pointed to Forum Feedback and Help by a moderator cause he thought it was a pretty useful suggestion.
    Now as far as which section to post it in... I have no idea I just picked where I thought it best fit in because I don't see a suggestion box or anything up.
    Ok, moved to FF&H.

I think the label would be better of changed to what it was to avoid confusion. It used to be more clear.

Beans

I'm not going to let this slip.. I demand some justice and forum maintenance for ease of use.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Silpheed2K View Post
    I'm not going to let this slip.. I demand some justice and forum maintenance for ease of use.
    Justice is a little strong, but I can't do anything about it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I liked the old label better, too, but it's not something to get upset about. Your thread being moved isn't punishment. It's just reorganizing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I think they're pretty clearly labelled as they are - I just think people don't pay attention to them

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    I liked the old label better, too, but it's not something to get upset about. Your thread being moved isn't punishment. It's just reorganizing.
    I'm not upset or one bit angry... I don't care if my post was moved it's just I care for this community enough that I want the organization taken care of and I'm not afraid to voice it to you all.. that's all.
    Because threads about true general discussion (not gnu linux) are still popping up in Community Cafe.. that's all I wanted to clarify.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I agree. There is a good deal of inconsistency among the staff about which threads belong in the Cafe and which belong in the OMGPP area. We could probably do a better job of this
    I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile
    Should I PM support questions? NO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast