Thread: [SOLVED] Cannot change root theme!

Beans

Question [SOLVED] Cannot change root theme!

Be aware that I know how to change the root theme under normal conditions, however this isn't normal. I tried to copy the themes from the .themes folder to usr/share/themes folder, but that did not help. I followed a tutorial in a thread that showed how to modify the theme by editing a text file. However, I think that has stopped root applications from being able to use my user theme. I just need to know what this file is. Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Cannot change root theme!

Beans

Re: Cannot change root theme!

That would normally be the solution, but as I said, I modified this one text file that was suggested in a thread here. However, in retrospect this was a very bad idea because now I can't change the theme and I have no clue what file it is. If only I could find that thread...

For experts, I only know that it is a huge configuration file and you can choose which themes are allowed and which theme is "forced". Probably the main Gnome configuration or something.

Oops, I found it: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=23798
    Last edited by Bionic Apple; June 4th, 2008 at 10:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot change root theme!

No need to edit huge configuration files. All you need to do is to use the software named Ubuntu tweak. If you need more help visit this guide.

http://alldtechstuff.blogspot.com/20...easily-in.html

Regards...!