Hi all,

I've been had Ubuntu 8.04 installed via Wubi inside Windows Vista for a few weeks now (I would've posted this in the Wubi forum, but I didn't think that was significant) on my Acer Aspire 5610 laptop. I have a D-Link DI-524 wireless router in my house, that I haven't had any problems with until switching to Ubuntu (it works fine with Windows, and with my iPod touch). The problem is that the computer's connection to the Wi-Fi network seems to be rather intermittent, with a loss of connection occuring at seemingly random intervals (even though Ubuntu still says that it is connected to the network). This is solved by just reconnecting to the network, but this takes 15 seconds and it's a very annoying thing to have to do - especially if I'm in the middle of a download or an IM session. Some times I can go a whole day without a random disconnect, and other days (like today), it will happen every few minutes. The problem is getting very annoying. Any advice you could give me would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Tim