Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    369
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Question Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

    Whenever I exit from the full screen of a video in Gnome-Mplayer, the trash window is displayed.

    The behavior occurs on both Hardy and Gutsy with gnome-mplayer 0.6.0 on both streaming and static video files. It happens with multiple file formats.

    Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

    --bornagainpenguin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    369
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

    /patiently waiting five days BUMP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    369
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

    /Still waiting five days later BUMP...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Beans
    96

    Re: Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

    No I've never seen that before. I have an idea you can try, and even if it doesn't solve your problem it will be an improvement anyway. Go to launchpad and grab the latest version of SMPlayer. It's a front-end for MPlayer that gives you a much nicer user interface with more options. Who knows you may like it better, and it may kill your bug at the same time.
    Hardware: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, AMD Athlon 64 6400+, 4 gigs DDR2, nVidia 9600GT, 1.5 TB HD storage
    Software: Linux Mint 7 x64, Kernel 2.6.31

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Williams Lake
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

    I just tried Mplayer in full screen mode, the volume control looks to be in about the same area as the trash icon, is there a possibility that somehow the trash icon is getting clicked when the volume is adjusted?

    Jim

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    369
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
    No I've never seen that before. I have an idea you can try, and even if it doesn't solve your problem it will be an improvement anyway. Go to launchpad and grab the latest version of SMPlayer. It's a front-end for MPlayer that gives you a much nicer user interface with more options. Who knows you may like it better, and it may kill your bug at the same time.
    I might give SMPlayer a shot down the road, right now I'm actually pretty happy with the way Gnome-MPlayer is working for me, with the exception of this strange behavior. Really to be honest just about anything is better than the included Totem by default.

    Why the Ubuntu devs insist on bundling the broken version of Totem they do is beyond me... You'd think they'd at least make it easier to change associations to your preferred player instead of making us do it manually...

    Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    I just tried Mplayer in full screen mode, the volume control looks to be in about the same area as the trash icon, is there a possibility that somehow the trash icon is getting clicked when the volume is adjusted?

    Jim
    You know this might be it. I'll have to experiment with it some more, and try taking the trashcan off the panel to see if that effects things.

    Thanks for the response guys I appreciate it!

    --bornagainpenguin

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Beans
    96

    Re: Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

    Quote Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin View Post
    I might give SMPlayer a shot down the road, right now I'm actually pretty happy with the way Gnome-MPlayer is working for me, with the exception of this strange behavior.
    Keep in mind SMPlayer is just an interface. It uses the MPlayer engine, so if you like MPlayer you are actually still using it. Best of luck to you. I hope you get it all sorted out to your liking.
    Hardware: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, AMD Athlon 64 6400+, 4 gigs DDR2, nVidia 9600GT, 1.5 TB HD storage
    Software: Linux Mint 7 x64, Kernel 2.6.31

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •