Thread: Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

Whenever I exit from the full screen of a video in Gnome-Mplayer, the trash window is displayed.

The behavior occurs on both Hardy and Gutsy with gnome-mplayer 0.6.0 on both streaming and static video files. It happens with multiple file formats.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

--bornagainpenguin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Strange Gnome-Mplayer bug--anyone else seeing this?

/patiently waiting five days BUMP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

/Still waiting five days later BUMP...

Beans

No I've never seen that before. I have an idea you can try, and even if it doesn't solve your problem it will be an improvement anyway. Go to launchpad and grab the latest version of SMPlayer. It's a front-end for MPlayer that gives you a much nicer user interface with more options. Who knows you may like it better, and it may kill your bug at the same time.
    Hardware: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, AMD Athlon 64 6400+, 4 gigs DDR2, nVidia 9600GT, 1.5 TB HD storage
    Software: Linux Mint 7 x64, Kernel 2.6.31

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I just tried Mplayer in full screen mode, the volume control looks to be in about the same area as the trash icon, is there a possibility that somehow the trash icon is getting clicked when the volume is adjusted?

Jim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
    No I've never seen that before. I have an idea you can try, and even if it doesn't solve your problem it will be an improvement anyway. Go to launchpad and grab the latest version of SMPlayer. It's a front-end for MPlayer that gives you a much nicer user interface with more options. Who knows you may like it better, and it may kill your bug at the same time.
    I might give SMPlayer a shot down the road, right now I'm actually pretty happy with the way Gnome-MPlayer is working for me, with the exception of this strange behavior. Really to be honest just about anything is better than the included Totem by default.

Why the Ubuntu devs insist on bundling the broken version of Totem they do is beyond me... You'd think they'd at least make it easier to change associations to your preferred player instead of making us do it manually...

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    I just tried Mplayer in full screen mode, the volume control looks to be in about the same area as the trash icon, is there a possibility that somehow the trash icon is getting clicked when the volume is adjusted?

Jim
    You know this might be it. I'll have to experiment with it some more, and try taking the trashcan off the panel to see if that effects things.

Thanks for the response guys I appreciate it!

--bornagainpenguin

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin View Post
    I might give SMPlayer a shot down the road, right now I'm actually pretty happy with the way Gnome-MPlayer is working for me, with the exception of this strange behavior.
    Keep in mind SMPlayer is just an interface. It uses the MPlayer engine, so if you like MPlayer you are actually still using it. Best of luck to you. I hope you get it all sorted out to your liking.
    Hardware: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, AMD Athlon 64 6400+, 4 gigs DDR2, nVidia 9600GT, 1.5 TB HD storage
    Software: Linux Mint 7 x64, Kernel 2.6.31