Thread: NVIDIA Driver stops working after restart

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

NVIDIA Driver stops working after restart

I have an HP notebook with an NVIDIA GeForce 7150M graphics card, and have hardy installed on it. I downloaded the driver from the NVIDIA website, and followed the instructions to install it. It installed perfected, and without errors. It was working perfectly, but then I installed some Ubuntu updates and restarted the comp, and thats when it stopped working. I Reinstalled the driver, and it worked again until I restarted my computer. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: NVIDIA Driver stops working after restart

Quote Originally Posted by bren21 View Post
    I have an HP notebook with an NVIDIA GeForce 7150M graphics card, and have hardy installed on it. I downloaded the driver from the NVIDIA website, and followed the instructions to install it. It installed perfected, and without errors. It was working perfectly, but then I installed some Ubuntu updates and restarted the comp, and thats when it stopped working. I Reinstalled the driver, and it worked again until I restarted my computer. Does anyone know what the problem is?
    Kernel update. Same thing happened to me.
    Screwed by the Demon Gates! To never return!
    Kbuntu 8.04 Hardy - Intel D5400XS Mobo - Dual QX9775 Quad core Extremes * 2 x 12mb cache - 8gb DDR2 @ 1600 mhz FSB - Dual NVidia 9600 GT 512mb OverClocked
    SSSSccccrrreeaammmmmmming........!