Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lo network device does not start up automatically

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: lo network device does not start up automatically

If you were using ndiswrapper, this post would be what your looking for ==>http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=821936
    Screwed by the Demon Gates! To never return!
    Kbuntu 8.04 Hardy - Intel D5400XS Mobo - Dual QX9775 Quad core Extremes * 2 x 12mb cache - 8gb DDR2 @ 1600 mhz FSB - Dual NVidia 9600 GT 512mb OverClocked
    SSSSccccrrreeaammmmmmming........!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

its possible you need to add madwifi to /etc/modules so that the module is loaded at boot, but frankly I just don't know as I use ndiswrapper and have my interfaces configured by the network manager rather than statically in the interfaces file.

With that set up, I have to add ndiswrapper to /etc/modules to ensure the module is loaded.

Worth investigating anyway
    I understand where your going with your suggestion.. I was searching for a solution the other day and I came across the same suggestion. I will look into it. THANKS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I finally got my wireless card to work again.. All I had to do was reinstall the drivers. I dont know why, but that worked. Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by supergenius23 View Post
    I finally got my wireless card to work again.. All I had to do was reinstall the drivers. I dont know why, but that worked. Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions.
    I knew it. The video, and wifi drivers go out with each new kernel. God knows what else. Congratz there sg23.
    Screwed by the Demon Gates! To never return!
    Kbuntu 8.04 Hardy - Intel D5400XS Mobo - Dual QX9775 Quad core Extremes * 2 x 12mb cache - 8gb DDR2 @ 1600 mhz FSB - Dual NVidia 9600 GT 512mb OverClocked
    SSSSccccrrreeaammmmmmming........!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I knew it. The video, and wifi drivers go out with each new kernel. God knows what else. Congratz there sg23
    That explains a lot because my vid card is also acting funny again! Thanks for the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12