Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Browsing History

Beans

[SOLVED] Browsing History

Ubuntu 8.04 (hardy)
    gnome 2.22.2
    Mozilla 3 beta 5

Why, when I delete all cookies, cache and browsing history and close FF down does my browsing history remain after I restart the FF browser?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Browsing History

Do you have google toolbar installed or somthing of the likes? The browser setting may not effect these type of things.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by webbdawg View Post
    Ubuntu 8.04 (hardy)
    gnome 2.22.2
    Mozilla 3 beta 5

Why, when I delete all cookies, cache and browsing history and close FF down does my browsing history remain after I restart the FF browser?
    If you mean what comes up when you type something in the address bar, it's just searching your own bookmarks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hovzio View Post
    Do you have google toolbar installed or somthing of the likes? The browser setting may not effect these type of things.
    There is the search field that is there by default. I have added nothing to the browser. I only have tried changing settings.

I am talking about the list that drops down when I click the down arrow on the address bar. I shows every site I have typed in. I do not seem to be able to clear it.

Beans
    Distro

Sorry in advance if you already have this setup properly.. Do you have your privacy setting setup properly under preferences? Check out the example in the screen shot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by webbdawg View Post
    Ubuntu 8.04 (hardy)
    gnome 2.22.2
    Mozilla 3 beta 5

sounds like you've set fire fox to start from the previous session. deselect this option.

Beans
    Distro

Sorry for making a seperate post. I forgot about the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

In FF type about:config, accept the warning about being careful and then in the filter, type browser.urlbar.maxRichResults and edit the entry to 0(zero) by right clicking and chosing "modify". Now when you enter addresses no auto suggestions will drop down.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oilchangeguy View Post
    sounds like you've set fire fox to start from the previous session. deselect this option.
    I could not find this setting. But when FF asks because of an abnormal exit I always start a new session.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    In FF type about:config, accept the warning about being careful and then in the filter, type browser.urlbar.maxRichResults and edit the entry to 0(zero) by right clicking and chosing "modify". Now when you enter addresses no auto suggestions will drop down.
    I did this as suggested and nothing drops down ever.

I figured That FF should at least behave as the FF I installed on my XP machine.

I should be able to see sites I have typed in my address bar during my session. When I close FF down and delete my history it should not show up in the next session. The Ubuntu FF does not act this way.

Beans
    Hidden!

"I should be able to see sites I have typed in my address bar during my session. When I close FF down and delete my history it should not show up in the next session. The Ubuntu FF does not act this way."
    I agree, but it's a bit of a workround if you really need it.

What we want is for just the addresses we've typed in the address bar to drop down, not all and every address we've ever visited. That's no use at all to me, I can get those from History, as you say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast