Thread: Invisible Partitions.

Beans

Cool Invisible Partitions.

Ok I have a tiny 80.gig hdd im using until my 500gig sata arrives alas my last drive died...anyhow lol.

I have windows installed as well as ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron with a dual boot.
    Now the thing is I wanted to increase the size of the partition ubuntu is held on because i'm using it more than I was using windows.

When I went into partition magic inside windows, the partition with ubuntu doesn't show up, its as if its not there, its just more free space. And the same is true when I try to look at the partitions in ubuntu, no sign of a windows partition anywhere.

Unless i'm missing something and ubuntu uses a totally different method of partitioning that i'm not aware of i'm not really sure whats up.
    I tried using "sudo fdisk -l" to view all the partitions and it only shows one ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(off topic, i LOVE ubuntu so far, its the only distro ive ever used that actually works and is now coming very close to making me scrap winblows alltogether )

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Invisible Partitions.

Try the GParted LiveCD. Boot into this LiveCD and resize the partition using GParted.
    Sayak Banerjee
    KDE Sysadmin | KDE e.V.
    Need help? Contact us.

Beans

Ah ha, many thanks i'll give that a go now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ubersquiz View Post
    I tried using "sudo fdisk -l" to view all the partitions and it only shows one ?
    Can you please post the output?
    Cheers,PRShah
    Make your own: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu All-in-One Live DVD
    "I never make mistakes; I thought I did, once.. but I was wrong."