Thread: gtkpod/volume/suspend & hibernate problems

Beans

gtkpod/volume/suspend & hibernate problems

Hi guys, thanks for taking a moment to read this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I recently installed Hardy on my Compaq Presario C300 laptop. It's been a largely positive experience, and any issues I've had I've been able to resolve either playing around with the machine or looking through the forum archives. I have three remaining problems though, and I hope you can help me with them.

1 - I can use gtkpod to view my iPod's track listings and can play the music through Rythmbox, however I am unable to save any changes in gtkpod. It's a Windows formatted 80GB video model. I can connect and mount it without any problems but am unable to transfer tracks to it, delete tracks from it or change information such as song titles, artist names etc. I go through the steps, select "save changes" and nothing happens.

2 - The volume on the machine is stuck at 100%. I can use the volume control buttons on the keyboard or use the graphical slider on the desktop panel, however the volume remains at full level, even when set to mute. I CAN change the volume within an application such as Movie Player or Rythmbox, however I'd prefer to be able to set this through the main volume control

3 - If I attempt to sleep, hibernate or close the lid of the laptop, I can't wake it up! I need to power off and restart the machine. This is very inconvenient and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: gtkpod/volume/suspend & hibernate problems

Hello,

For main volume control you can use the command:
    alsamixer
    and see if this works. I don't know why the volume control at panel is not working.
    And about the sleep and hibernate, I am suffering from the same problem but its not all the time that it doesnot wake up, like, it sometimes wakes and sometime I have to suspend the laptop again wake it up, it helped me though.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: gtkpod/volume/suspend & hibernate problems

1. Banshee media player (as well as Rhythmbox) has native support for iPOD. You may also try Exaile, which has a good iPOD plugin.

2. Open a terminal and type:
    Code:
    alsamixer
    Also, check that you set your device to ALSA (and not Pulseaudio) from the Volume (Mixer) applet.

3. Seems to be a problem on some laptops.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/203253
    Though someone might have a solution.
    Sayak Banerjee
    KDE Sysadmin | KDE e.V.
    Need help? Contact us.