Thread: Photo Downloader

Beans

Photo Downloader

Anyone found a decent camera photo downloader for Gnome yet? Something with 'on the fly' photo renaming as photos are imported for example...

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Photo Downloader

We may have differences regarding specifics - for example I don't require changing the photo file names prior to or during importing files from my camera. But I have found that G Thumb Image Viewer is quick and simple to use. Once opened I simply select file import photos and it provides me with the ability to:
    Define the "Destination"
    Delete or not imported photos from the camera during import
    Keep original file names during import
    Select which individual photos to import
    etc.

This application has been extremely stable and seems to function well with not only my camera but multiple cameras belonging to friends and family...

Hope this helps....

Beans

Re: Photo Downloader

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    We may have differences regarding specifics - for example I don't require changing the photo file names prior to or during importing files from my camera. But I have found that G Thumb Image Viewer is quick and simple to use. Once opened I simply select file import photos and it provides me with the ability to:
    Define the "Destination"
    Delete or not imported photos from the camera during import
    Keep original file names during import
    Select which individual photos to import
    etc.

This application has been extremely stable and seems to function well with not only my camera but multiple cameras belonging to friends and family...

Hope this helps....
    Changing the file names prior to / during import is exactly what I want to do. Every Windows photo importer I used (including the Windows 'built in' importer) did that - enables easy and immediate organisation of photos without the need to create folders / rename photos later. It would be very useful if the same was available in Gnome. For me this is one application area that doesn't measure up.