Thread: Kernel Panic

Beans

Unhappy Kernel Panic

Hi guys,

I've been trying to resolve my reoccurring kernel panics and have tried several solutions none of which have worked so far.

I'm currently using ubuntu x86 64bit and I have a D-Link 510 wireless card which from what I've read is the cause of my trouble.

I've followed the instructions listed here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...142/comments/6

The backports did not resolve the issue for me and so I was hoping to try the .25 kernel

I've created the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list to include the following two lines as per the instructions and ran apt-get update but for the life of me I can't figure out how to install the kernel.

All is says is "You should then be able to install the linux-image-2.6.25 kernel package." but I can't seem to find it in Synaptic.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Kernel Panic

Double check the file the you created.

When you run

sudo apt-get update

You should see the new package downloading in the text messages.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Beans

I can see it hitting those servers when I run apt-get update but I can't find the actual image in synaptic.

I search for image and I see all the .24-17 and 16 ones but not .25

Beans

So I'm in the process of compiling my own kernel now but is there something I'm missing to be able to do this straight from synaptic?