Thread: network-manager and vpnc

Beans

network-manager and vpnc

Hello,
    I am trying to connect to a Cisco VPN Network using network-manager-vpnc but I face the following issues:
    1.) When I leave the group or user password empty, the network-manager-vpnc disappears from the Gnome panel (but it's still running as a process). How can I redisplay this icon?
    2.) Where does network-manager-vpnc stores the connection settings? Under "/etc/vpnc" there is only an example script.

Regards,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: network-manager and vpnc

Quote Originally Posted by dnaxx View Post
    Hello,
    2.) Where does network-manager-vpnc stores the connection settings? Under "/etc/vpnc" there is only an example script.
    See, use or install gconf-editor, and you'll find them (or at least some of the information) in /system/networking/wireless and /system/networking/vpn_connections.

As far as I know, this is only a graphical representation of what you can find as XML files in your home directory under ~/.gconf/system/networking/... (and subdirs)

regards

Marc
    The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Beans

ok, thanks.

Beans

I have the same exact problem, only when the icon disappears it remains running but still doesn't connect to VPN at all. I used to use KVpnc, but it didn't work with firefox and now doesn't connect at all. How can I make the icon reappear, and how can I actually connect to vpn??