Thread: Anyone else install ubuntu on their AppleTV?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Anyone else install ubuntu on their AppleTV?

I just got mine working. Video, sound, everything. Was a pain in the butt though. Not hard, just time consuming. I followed the very precise and informative instructions over at http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/

Anyone else do this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Anyone else install ubuntu on their AppleTV?

Not many have posted about AppleTV here. Thanks for you info though, I will add a link in the FAQ for those that might be looking for information. If you have anything else in particular to share about the process, it would be helpful!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Anyone else install ubuntu on their AppleTV?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdork33 View Post
    f you have anything else in particular to share about the process, it would be helpful!
    Well, if anyone is going to try it, know you have to use Gutsy. If you follow his instructions using hardy you'll run into a problem when you try and set up the audio driver.

Other than that, the only real problem I've run into is that I don't know how to shut it off. "sudo halt" doesn't do it. I've tried shutdown with both -P and -h and neither works. It seems to shut down, but it never really does. Eventually I always have to unplug it.