Thread: How can I make Firefox's configs "disappear"

Beans

How can I make Firefox's configs "disappear"

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.14 and I recently was using the last beta (now is uninstalled). For example, if I unistall the 2.x Firefox and then re-install it all the preferences stay the same. I also have this problem:

I've tried rebooting Firefox and the computer but I still can't use that add-on.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Beans

Re: How can I make Firefox's configs "disappear"

You mean if you uninstall and reinstall the previous preferences are the same as the previous install? I believe the preferences are located at /home/yourusername/.mozilla/firefox

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie1456 View Post
    You mean if you uninstall and reinstall the previous preferences are the same as the previous install? I believe the preferences are located at /home/yourusername/.mozilla/firefox
    Yes, but I also want to make that add-on work, and I don't know why I can't.

Beans

Also, in synaptic, there is a category with apps different than installed, but I don't remember the word. It's like "uninstalled but configuration files are kept". Search a litlle in synaptic

But I think that everything is in /home/yourusername/.mozilla/firefox, too

Beans

Should I delete that directory after I unistall Firefox and then install it again to get all the preferences clean?

Beans

If you want to get the preferences reset then yes, uninstall, delete profile under /home/username/.mozilla/firefox/ (profile usually xxxxxxx.default) then install.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie1456 View Post
    If you want to get the preferences reset then yes, uninstall, delete profile under /home/username/.mozilla/firefox/ (profile usually xxxxxxx.default) then install.
    This worked: deleting the directory and re-installing Firefox. But I still can't use the Ubuntu extension. It is enabled (I don't get the reboot Firefox message), but it seems it is not working. Any ideas?

Beans

Please help with the Ubuntu extension.

Beans

No replies?