Thread: Last attempt before giving up/reinstalling windows

Beans

Last attempt before giving up/reinstalling windows

Since for some reason my questions go unanswered in this community, I'm giving this one more shot.

More frequently now, my sound will die requiring me to kill pulseaudio and rebooting it in the terminal. However, shortly after doing this my computer slows to a crawl and programs refuse to work until I reboot. This wasn't a problem before, but now I'm having to reboot every 15 minutes or so. The sequence of events goes something like this. Sound dies -> system starts slowing down -> kill and reboot pulseaudio -> firefox dies -> everything freezes.

I love linux, but I really am not experienced enough to figure this out, if I don't figure it out this time I'm giving up and moving back to windows...which only crashes every other day or so.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Last attempt before giving up/reinstalling windows

If you posted a thread with a descriptive title rather than "If this doesn't work I'm gonna use Windows" Then perhaps more people would be willing to help you

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Last attempt before giving up/reinstalling windows

You already have a thread with an appropriate title, and I've moved the support posts to that thread.

This thread serves no useful purpose.