Thread: [SOLVED] Frustrating and weird problem!

Beans

Exclamation [SOLVED] Frustrating and weird problem!

I have an nvidia geforce go 7300 card on acer 4230 travelmate.I use nvidia-glx-new driver and Hardy Heron.My computer starts with compiz but when i move a window i see it's not smooth and it is slow. In nvidia settings there's only Auto and 60 Hz. If i change it when the compiz still working nothing happens. But if i first close the compiz then change it(whether to 60 or Auto not important)then started the compiz my desktop and windows became very very smooth.

What kind of problem is this? It haunts for long time and i decided to make a search for it.
    Last edited by medic2000; May 31st, 2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Additional info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Frustrating and weird problem!

ive never had to use nvidia settings, but i heard you need to do
    Code:
    gksudo nvidia-settings
    then make changes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

If you go to System > Preferences > Advanced Desktop Effects Settings (if it's not there, install compizconfig-settings-manager), display settings, is "Sync To VBlank" (third checkbox) checked or not? Try specifically unchecking it, but also checking it to see if that will help.
    If I'm not being clear enough or giving you enough information, just ask

"But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up."

Smooth scrolling for GTK!

Beans

Solved:
    It seems ccsm can't handle the refresh rate itself. In Ccsm-general-display settings unchecking the "Detect Refresh Rate" and tuning it manually works.