Thread: [SOLVED] cannot get transparent panel

Beans

[SOLVED] cannot get transparent panel

whenever i set the color of the panel to "transparent" it ends up as a very non-transparent blue.

i even tried loading a transparent png as the background, and it still ended up the same blue... my desktop background isn't blue, so i'm not sure why it's doing this.

i'm using ubuntu 8.04 with compiz-fusion. any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: [SOLVED] cannot get transparent panel

This is marked as solved... if that is the case, could you share how you solved it?
    If I'm not being clear enough or giving you enough information, just ask

"But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up."

Smooth scrolling for GTK!

Beans

oh yea sorry forgot about that...well i realized that because i wanted to get different wallpapers on the different desktops, i had to disable nautilus from rendering my wallpaper. So when i tried to make the panel transparent, it showed the background that was previously set by nautilus, which happened to be blue in my case. so this would work if all of my wallpapers had the same blue shade around the top of the screen.

in any case, i just decided that a transparent panel wasn't as important as being able to have different wallpapers on each desktop.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DesiDishoom View Post
    oh yea sorry forgot about that...well i realized that because i wanted to get different wallpapers on the different desktops, i had to disable nautilus from rendering my wallpaper. So when i tried to make the panel transparent, it showed the background that was previously set by nautilus, which happened to be blue in my case. so this would work if all of my wallpapers had the same blue shade around the top of the screen.

in any case, i just decided that a transparent panel wasn't as important as being able to have different wallpapers on each desktop.
    I am in the same boat as you. Four different wallpapers for the compiz cube or expo is more important than transparent panels...but it would be nice in the future if someone figured out how to do this... For the time being, I have the nautilus just draw a light grey color...

64-Bit Ubuntu! Join the future of computing.