Thread: breezy backport plan

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

breezy backport plan

Hi

Now that backports are official, what's the plan for the backport team during the breezy release? I don't regularly read the mailing list, so this could have been already address there, but I haven't find anything.

New packages are going to be backported as soon as they hit the archives in dapper or you will continue to use the usual scheme of asking for a backport & then backporting it?

Thanxs

Beans

Re: breezy backport plan

Quote Originally Posted by duffman25
    Hi

Now that backports are official, what's the plan for the backport team during the breezy release? I don't regularly read the mailing list, so this could have been already address there, but I haven't find anything.

New packages are going to be backported as soon as they hit the archives in dapper or you will continue to use the usual scheme of asking for a backport & then backporting it?

Thanxs

Are you claiming backports works now?

If so, please tell us what you used in /etc/apt/sources.list ??

I followed the brand new users guide and it said the backports were working, but they are not.

Thanks.
    Linux User #225822

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Quote Originally Posted by joepotter
    Are you claiming backports works now?

If so, please tell us what you used in /etc/apt/sources.list ??

I followed the brand new users guide and it said the backports were working, but they are not.

Thanks.
    No, AFAIK backports aren't ready yet.

Beans

No, AFAIK backports aren't ready yet.
    Thank you.

I am trying to get my sources perfect so I can distribute the list to all the boxes at work. I though for a minute there that we were at a go, but I'll stand by for now.
    Linux User #225822

Beans

backport SOURCES

Whoever launches the backports, please post the deb-src urls for backports as well as the deb urls.

Open-source is nice when you get the source that the binaries were built from.

Sam

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Re: backport SOURCES

Quote Originally Posted by samjam
    Whoever launches the backports, please post the deb-src urls for backports as well as the deb urls.

Open-source is nice when you get the source that the binaries were built from.

Sam
    This thread has completely gone out of topic & none of the backports team members have answered my question

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: backport SOURCES

This thread has completely gone out of topic & none of the backports team members have answered my question
    You may want to have a look at the mailing list: http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubu...er/thread.html
    jdong is a little bit more active there than here, though he wrote he's very busy atm.

Beans

If I dist-upgrade from hoary to breezy, will the hoary-backports on my machine break?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by vik4
    If I dist-upgrade from hoary to breezy, will the hoary-backports on my machine break?
    No, because all your hoary backports will be upgraded to their Breezy counterparts.
    STOP!
    Before you sign up to Dropbox, click here to read my post showing you how to get an additional 500mb free! That's 2.5GB of free space!