Thread: Mythbuntu and Xen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Mythbuntu and Xen

Anyone got any experience running Mythbuntu in a Xen PVM?

I need to streamline the number of systems I have running in my house, so I want to replace my knoppmyth MBE with a PVM on my server.

I'm not sure how well a Xen PVM would handle the TV cards (3x Nova-T) and I was hoping someone else might have tried this and could give me pointers.
    Gushy.

Beans

Re: Mythbuntu and Xen

I went the other way - I'm running VMWare server on my mythbuntu MBE, currently running a single XP VM. It's there primarily so I can use Orb & for my online backup client (windows only). It doesn't use any resources unless i'm using it. I know that doesn't help, but I thought I'd share anyway...

Beans

i use mythbuntu backend inside of a virtual machine. at the first time i had trouble with the pci devices.

use the configuration setting (depends on your pci device number)
    pci = [ '02:06.0' ]
    extra = 'console=xvc0 swiotlb=force'

after the intial problems it worked until today.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

excellent thanks for the tip.

Did you use Ubuntu for your Dom0? I'm currently running CentOS for my Dom0 but I think when I move to my new server box I will use Ubuntu so that hopefully setting up an Ubuntu based DomU will be easier (I've never managed to get a non RH / Fedora DomU running under a CentOS Dom0).
    Gushy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Dear all,

I would like to install Mythbuntu backend-only in a domU on my Xen server. Since you seem to have it already running successfully I would be interested in how you managed to install Mythbuntu as a domU:

• What installation method did you use? debootstrap?
    • how do you get access to the graphical set-up screen? I do not have X installed in my dom0, because I want to kick out my graphic card in the future running the server headless...

Thanks for your help in advance!
    Regards, reeja.