Thread: Setting Mouse and keyboards to different monitors, Please just look

Hybrid View

Beans

Setting Mouse and keyboards to different monitors, Please just look

So ill try to be as clear as i can cause this is a bit farfetched. I have recently fell in love with ubuntu 8.04. The power of it is amazing. Im getting quite used to it and have been clean of xp as my main os for weeks. So today i got a seperate xserver monitor set up. so i can move my mouse over to the next screen and have another enviroment to do other things in.

Im wondering since i have two keyboards and two mouses plugged in if its possible to route each to a screen specifically and have two cursors on one machine but he machine running two desktop enviorments on seperate monitors.

To make my question even more clear. Ive got the two monitors, two keyboards, and two mouses. I want to make on monitor have its own cursor and own keyboard slash mouse. Same for the other.

For right now i have two enviroments running but not two different cursors and keyboard input and i want seperate input.

So can someone help me?? cause i know you can run like 5 enviroments or something out of one pc

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Setting Mouse and keyboards to different monitors, Please just look

I don't know the answer, but I suspect it might be something to do with virtual terminals (ttys). This probably doesn't help, but it might give you something else to google at least!